Careers & Talent
What criteria do we use for intern selection?
At the outset, we tend to screen the applications for legal internship. Some of the criteria we look at include:
- Student should be in 5th or 4th year LL.B. or 3rd year of the 3 year course or equivalent at the least
- Academics (though marks and grades alone do not matter that much to us)
- Past Internship experience and exposure - quality, range, rigor and relevance
- Moot courts' participation as speaker/researcher - quality and quantity
- Papers/articles/research work - quality and quantity
- Extra-curricular activities - evidence of initiative, leadership, talent and personality attributes
- Orientation for social commitment
- Previous internship at NDA - if yes, the candidate should be highly recommended with performance rating in top 15 percentile, with likely potential for hiring
If the candidacy is taken forward, there would be a virtual interview by a panel. We evaluate and assess credentials, information and accomplishments presented in CV including in academics, extra-curricular activities, moots, research papers, previous internships etc.
The panel seeks to gauge:
- Strong conceptual grasp and knowledge of essential law school curricula, ability to interpret, and potential for high technical proficiency
- Above average to outstanding communication and articulation skills and ability to present with impact
- Matching of goals and aspirations with firm's requirements
- A well-rounded, well-aware, self-driven individual who tends to share firm's values (preferably with potential for long term culture fit). Interest and aptitude for learning, research, and/or business development, as required
At every stage of the intern selection process, there is formal communication that may be expected from the firm.
The firm also offers internship opportunities for non-lawyers such as MBAs etc.
Do write to us at internship(at)nishithdesai.com